One-pot paella recipe
A Spanish-inspired favourite, this one-pot paella is the perfect summer camping recipe. Just throw your ingredients into your frying pan and wait for the flavours to infuse-it doesn’t get much easier than this.
Try turning it into a chicken and chorizo paella or add in some of your favourite vegetables. You can also scale up the amounts to make a bigger batch for group dinners around the campfire.
Check out the full recipe below:
- 200g paella rice
- 1 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of saffron
- 80ml white wine
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Fresh lemon
- Fresh parsley
- Heat a frying pan and add a splash of oil
- Chop the garlic and onion then add them to the pan
- Sweat the onion and garlic for a few minutes then stir in the rice
- Let the rice cook for 1 minute before pouring in the white wine
- Allow the wine to reduce down for 1-2 minutes then add the tomatoes, paprika and saffron
- Pour over the vegetable stock, stir well and leave to cook for 10-15 minutes until the rice is tender. (If needed, add more water as the paella reduces down)
- Once the rice is cooked to your liking, garnish with parsley and lemon juice before serving
OUR PARTNER CHEF
Harrison Ward, otherwise known as Fell Foodie, is an inspirational camp stove cook and all-around outdoorsman.
Following a drastic life change in 2016, he found a passion for hiking, which he soon combined with his lifetime love of cooking.
Not only does he utilise his platforms for sharing delicious outdoor recipes, Harrison regularly voices his struggles with mental health, sharing his story to help others.
Together, we’ve created 10 versatile camping recipes that bring fresh ingredients and bold flavours to outdoor cooking – all using our minimalist, space-saving equipment.