Mac and Cheese Recipe
Packed with three different types of cheese, this classic dish is the king of one-pot meals. If you’re looking for wholesome camping recipes to warm yourself up after a day of hiking, mac and cheese is easy to make and full of flavour.
If you have favourite types of cheese, try using them instead to create different flavours or fry up some lardons and throw them in to make bacon mac and cheese.
Check out the full recipe below:
- 350g macaroni pasta (or preferred alternative)
- 50g plain flour
- 50g butter
- 500ml milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp English mustard
- Fresh thyme
- 20g breadcrumbs
- 125g mozzarella
- 100g pecorino
- 100g cheddar
- 2-4 ciabatta breads
- Black pepper
- Grate all three cheeses, chop the garlic and set them aside.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and add the pasta - leave this to cook. (If you only have one pan, wait for the pasta to cook and set it aside
- Heat a pan and add the butter
- Once the butter has melted, add the flour and mustard then whisk for 1-2 minutes until they are combined
- Pour in the milk a little at a time, continuously whisking until you have a thick, creamy consistency
- Combine all of the cheese and the chopped garlic into the mixture
- Fold the pasta into the mixture and season to taste
- Spoon into a bowl, garnish with fresh thyme and breadcrumbs and serve with ciabatta
Camp cooking with Sea to Summit
Making delicious comfort food while you're out on the trail might seem like a difficult idea but it's just about having the right equipment! We produce a wide range of premium quality camp kitchen accessories that are durable, lightweight and versatile.
Don’t forget to tag #seatosummituk on social media when you post photos of your camp kitchen meals so we can share them!
OUR PARTNER CHEF
Harrison Ward, otherwise known as Fell Foodie, is an inspirational camp stove cook and all-around outdoorsman.
Following a drastic life change in 2016, he found a passion for hiking, which he soon combined with his lifetime love of cooking.
Not only does he utilise his platforms for sharing delicious outdoor recipes, Harrison regularly voices his struggles with mental health, sharing his story to help others.
Together, we’ve created 10 versatile camping recipes that bring fresh ingredients and bold flavours to outdoor cooking – all using our minimalist, space-saving equipment.