Chicken and Vegetable Skewers Recipe
This summer staple is quick, easy and fuss-free - perfect for campsite cooking.
A BBQ classic, the chicken skewer is designed for al-fresco dining and combines classic, simple ingredients with summery flame-grilled flavours.
Simplify this recipe by preparing your chicken and vegetable at home. Marinating the chicken overnight saves time at the campsite as well as locking in that delicious flavour.
Share some skewers this spring and discover the full recipe below:
- Cubed chicken breast or thigh
- 2 red onions
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 2 bell peppers
- Button mushrooms
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon
- Black pepper
- Dice the chicken.
- Mix olive oil, oregano, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Marinate the chicken in the olive oil mixture.
- Quarter the onions.
- Slice the aubergine and courgette into chunks.
- Slice the bell peppers into thick strips.
- Combine a mix of chicken and veg onto skewers, mixing flavours and textures.
- Cook the skewers in a hot frying pan, leaving the ends far away from the heat to help turn them during cooking.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a touch of fresh lemon.
Camp Cooking with Sea to Summit
At Sea to Summit, we think campsite cooking should be easy and delicious year-round. Building on this belief, we've created our collection of camp cooking accessories, perfect for solo travellers or food families. Lightweight build and innovative, space-saving design make these products ideal for any trip.
Cooking up a storm? Don't forget to share your camp stove cook-outs with us on social media using #campkitchen and #seatosummit