Ultra-Sil Trekking Umbrella
BEST USE: Trekking, travel, day hikes
LENGTH: 38 in | 96.5 cm
WEIGHT: 8.5 oz | 240g
PACKED SIZE: 9.5 in | 24.1 cm
Shipping & Returns
We want you to have the best possible experience when using our website which is why we offer free shipping on orders over £50 and £3.95 for orders under this.
We aim to dispatch your order on the same day and deliver it the following working day For more details, check out our Shipping Policy.
We also offer a free-of-charge return service meaning you can buy in complete confidence from us. For more details, please check out our Refund Policy.
The Ultra-Sil Trekking Umbrella is a lightweight travel umbrella that packs away neatly and easily. Ideal for protection from rain and sun, it's made with waterproof 30D siliconised CORDURA® Nylon.
An incredibly lightweight yet durable fabric used in a large number of Sea to Summit products. This 30 denier Nylon is made with CORDURA® yarns for strength, woven into a ripstop pattern. Two versions of the fabric are used:
- Water-resistant products (such as the Ultra-Sil Stuff Sacks) are siliconized on both sides for ultimate packability
- Waterproof products (such as the UltraSil Dry Sack are) siliconized on the outside and PU-coated on the inside to allow seam taping.
- Both versions have a hydrostatic head greater than 2000mm – which makes them more than adequately waterproof for the types of environments they are intended for.
Cordura® is a special type of nylon yarn used for its strength. These yarns are used in two different product areas:
- In the siliconized Ultra-Sil fabrics used in Ultra-Sil Dry Sacks, Stuff Sacks, Compression Sacks, Pack Covers, Travelling Light and Travel Essentials products
- In the foot section of the extremely tough eVent® Quagmire Gaiters.
Frequently Asked questions
Designed for hiking use?
Yes. The Trekking Umbrella is ideal for use out on the trail, the Pocket Umbrella is more suited to urban environments.
How much coverage does it provide?
The canopy diameter provides 38 in / 96cm of coverage
What are the differences between the Pocket Umbrella and the Trekking Umbrella?
The Pocket Umbrella is slightly smaller when deployed, and packs down to a much smaller size. The Trekking Umbrella offers more coverage, is more rugged and better suited to windy conditions