Ultra-Sil Pack Cover
PACK SIZE: Fits a 15 to 30 liter pack
PACKED SIZE: 4 x 2.5 in | 10 x 6 cm
WEIGHT: 2 oz | 57 g
RECOMMENDATION: If you stow any gear externally on your pack, we would recommend buying a Pack Cover a size larger than normal.
Shipping & Returns
We want you to have the best possible experience when using our website which is why we offer free shipping on orders over £50 and £3.95 for orders under this.
We aim to dispatch your order on the same day and deliver it the following working day For more details, check out our Shipping Policy.
We also offer a free-of-charge return service meaning you can buy in complete confidence from us. For more details, please check out our Refund Policy.
An incredibly lightweight yet durable fabric used in a large number of Sea to Summit products. This 30 denier Nylon is made with CORDURA® yarns for strength, woven into a ripstop pattern. Two versions of the fabric are used:
- Water-resistant products (such as the Ultra-Sil Stuff Sacks) are siliconized on both sides for ultimate packability
- Waterproof products (such as the UltraSil Dry Sack are) siliconized on the outside and PU-coated on the inside to allow seam taping.
- Both versions have a hydrostatic head greater than 2000mm – which makes them more than adequately waterproof for the types of environments they are intended for.
Cordura® is a special type of nylon yarn used for its strength. These yarns are used in two different product areas:
- In the siliconized Ultra-Sil fabrics used in Ultra-Sil Dry Sacks, Stuff Sacks, Compression Sacks, Pack Covers, Travelling Light and Travel Essentials products
- In the foot section of the extremely tough eVent® Quagmire Gaiters.
Best UseUltralight Backpacking
Material(s)30 denier Ultra-Sil™ nylon
Frequently Asked questions
Aren't most backpacks waterproof without a cover?
No. Water will enter through seams and zippers (especially in really wet parts of the world)
Why choose the Ultra-Sil Pack Cover over the Nylon version?
The Ultra-Sil Pack cover is slightly lighter and has a smaller packed volume - it is more suitable for weight-conscious backpackers
Will a pack cover make my pack completely waterproof?
In most cases, waterproof enough - wind-driven rain can still enter through the space between your back and the harness