Ultra-Sil Dry Bag Setnew
BEST USE: Pack Organization
Shipping & Returns
We want you to have the best possible experience when using our website which is why we offer free shipping on every order, large or small
We aim to dispatch your order on the same day and deliver it the following working day For more details, check out our Shipping Policy.
We also offer a free-of-charge return service meaning you can buy in complete confidence from us. For more details, please check out our Refund Policy.
The Ultra-Sil Dry Bag set won the sought-after Backpacker Editors' Choice award in 2006 and remains the ideal dry bag system for backpacking and travel. Made with lightweight, waterproof bluesign® approved 30D Ultra-Sil fabric featuring Cordura® yarns, it's the perfect choice to organise your gear inside your backpack or duffle like a pro. The semi-translucent fabric makes it’s easy to see what’s in each dry bag. Other features include a non-wicking hypalon roll-top closure, an oval base to prevent the dry bag from rolling away on sloped surfaces and taped seams to keep moisture out. An excellent choice for lightweight backpacking, cycle touring and travel.
Best UsePack Organization
ClosureNon-wicking hypalon roll-top closure
|3L, 5L, 8L|
An incredibly lightweight yet durable fabric used in a large number of Sea to Summit products. This 30 denier Nylon is made with CORDURA® yarns for strength, woven into a ripstop pattern. Two versions of the fabric are used:
- Water-resistant products (such as the Ultra-Sil Stuff Sacks) are siliconized on both sides for ultimate packability
- Waterproof products (such as the UltraSil Dry Sack are) siliconized on the outside and PU-coated on the inside to allow seam taping.
- Both versions have a hydrostatic head greater than 2000mm – which makes them more than adequately waterproof for the types of environments they are intended for.
Cordura® is a special type of nylon yarn used for its strength. These yarns are used in two different product areas:
- In the siliconized Ultra-Sil fabrics used in Ultra-Sil Dry Sacks, Stuff Sacks, Compression Sacks, Pack Covers, Travelling Light and Travel Essentials products
- In the foot section of the extremely tough eVent® Quagmire Gaiters.
Frequently Asked questions
Is this dry bag suitable for paddle sports?
No. Featherweight fabrics are not appropriate for the sharp or abrasive elements in water sports. We recommend Lightweight Dry Backs for general paddle use.
Is this dry bag waterproof?
The body of the dry bag is waterproof enough (2000+ mm hydrostatic head) for use as storage inside a backpack or duffle. However, for water sports or on its own, we recommend dry bags with higher hydrostatic head ratings.
Is this dry bag worth the weight and cost?
Once you've experienced modular packing with ultralight, easy to pack, translucent dry bags, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without them.